This article will be updated with the latest info on Dorian impacts on the Central Florida theme parks and attractions as the information is received. All information is based on postings from their websites unless otherwise noted:
NOTE: This post is no longer being actively updated now that the bulk of the storm has moved away from the central Florida area. Please visit an attraction’s website to determine any further impacts.
Last updated Tuesday 9/3 at 10:27 PM
Central Attractions Area
- Walt Disney World Resort: Expected to resume normal operations on Wednesday, with some minor adjustments. Details here.
- Universal Orlando Resort: No word yet on Wednesday operations.
- SeaWorld Orlando: SeaWorld and Aquatica reopen at 11AM Wednesday. Discovery Cove reopens at 9AM Wednesday.
- Holy Land Experience: Expected to reopen Wednesday.
- Fun Spot America: Information not yet provided.
- Island H2O Live!: Closed through Wednesday. Reopening Thursday.
- Wheel at Icon Park: Closed “until the storm passes.”
Eastern Region and Cruises
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex: Closed through at least Wednesday.
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort: Closed until further notice.
- Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort (South Carolina): Closed until further notice.
- Disney Cruise Line / Castaway Cay (Bahamas): Current Disney Dream sailing extended through Thursday 9/05. 9/02 sailing was rescheduled for 9/04 and later completely canceled. Castaway Cay status not fully known, but DCL has not yet reported any damage and stated that winds only reached tropical storm force.
- Port Canaveral: Currently closed – “Condition Zulu.”
- Legoland Florida: Expected to reopen Wednesday.
- Busch Gardens Tampa: No information provided; presumed to be operating as normal due to distance from storm.
Photo Credit: Disney